We acted way faster than towards Joseon Exorcist this time, let’s hope this gets cancelled faster too
2. [+2,387, -157]
No matter how much creative freedom you put into a work, you can’t distort history..
3. [+1,731, -164]
Freedom of expression? What you’re doing is distorting what the people who fought for your freedom of expression went through!!??????? You call this freedom of expression??? Please think before talking!!!!!!
4. [+856, -33]
Weren’t people already swearing at this drama when Joseon Exorcist’s scandal broke? People were talking about how that BlackPink singer is the female lead and that the international fans won’t give any f*ck about anything and blindly love everything
5. [+678, -34]
Just reading comments here should be enough arguments as to why this drama should’ve never been broadcasted.
[theqoo] COMMUNITIES REACTIONS TO SNOWDROP
t/n: we will only translate a few of each screenshot since they all share similar opinion
– A drama that distorts history’
– The content is seriously severe… They even mentioned the case where president Kim Dae Jung was bitten as a spy. Is this r*tarded writer’s brain completely empty? Did they receive an order from the radioactive monkeys to broadcast this… They’re insane
– Movie that beautified Nazi the same way Snowdrop is doing it
– Hansplus suspended support for Snowdrop (t/n: we will make a separate post about the sponsors situation)
– I watched Snowdrop and I feel disgusted – Added list of Snowdrop’s advertisers and production support companies to boycott
– Snowdrop’s drama is totally a national burden
– Snowdrop cancellation petition
t/n: some articles have the same title in every community, what usually happens is that Knets will usually take an article from 1 community, and paste the exact same thing on other community to spread the awareness or check for their reactions. It happens all the time. ex) someone from PANN taking a screenshot from a post from theqoo, etc.
– I didn’t know that Snowdrop’s distortion of history would be this huge of a mess..
– Busan Ilbo ‘Distortion of history controversy’ Snowdrop, broadcast cancellation petition surpassed 130K
– Companies that stopped sponsoring Snowdrop
“Snowdrop’s petition surpassed 151,082 signatures in one day”
– Ohㅋㅋㅋ It was so funny it made me log inㅋㅋ
– The most legendary of legendary
– I just signed it!
– I signed it
– They touched what they should’ve never touched..
– I just signed it
– JTBC’s lost their minds once again…
– It wasn’t even fun and they’re losing money because the Chinese investors are the ones getting it. The Chinese investors are receiving all the money, that’s why [dramas] are getting boring… JTBC sucks nowadays..
– Sung Sikyung is shielding the drama because he sang their OST.. – What really shocks me is that a considerable amount of actors + staff from the movie <1987>. [talking about who are overlapping].
– The bugs are already going around refuting distortion
– I can’t believe such a trashy drama got shot. Who will even buy to watch it?
– JoongAngIlbo received money from China to make this drama
– The petition is up, please sign it.
– They were persistent in claiming that they didn’t twist anything but this is straight up a drama made from the North East Project.
And Disney+ who bought this drama should also be boycotted
– It’s a new kind of ability to be able to validate arts and culture through imagination
– [foreign] Media that supports Snowdrop
– Why are people shielding Snowdrop’s actors…?
– There’s nothing to shield about Snowdrop’s actors
– “Distortion of the pro-democratic movement”… ‘Snowdrop’, broadcast cancellation petition surpassed 130K
– Summary of issues with Snodrop
– Afterthoughts from Snowdrop’s ep.1. I have a lot to say
They’re no different from the reactions on Theqoo. None of them.
Ilbe, are the same as usual (t/n: meaning they loved Snowdrop)
FmKorea, there’s a portion of them that thinks the show is r*tarded (t/n: FmKorea is the equivalent of Ilbe, similar to DC Gallery)
DC Gallery, they have a fanpage for Snowdrop, they act like a fansite
1. Will they feel good if they got their own country’s history distorted?
2. They are the kids who like k-pop also cursing at Korea at the same time? Then why do they like k-pop???
3. If those i-roaches know nothing about others’ country, just shut up and stay still. If you know f*ck all, don’t interfere
4. Everywhere you go, people with common sense just save their words and don’t want to waste their time engaging in useless fights with trolls. So in the end, trolls and stupid people become the loudest. It’s not that they are the ones who won
5. I’m happy that a part of them have common sense
6. Back then, there was a comment saying how they saw that people were fans of k-pop and k-drama while also hating Korea… seems like it was true… I guess that it’s true if even the natives are saying so…. seriously, I don’t understand them. I hope that they just fangirl on their own country’s content and leave Korea alone
7. I-roaches are seriously disgusting… I understand why we see them as insects now..
8. I-roaches are hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋ they like Korean culture and Korean kids but are also busy hating on Korea due to their inferiority complex
9. TheQoo is famous ㅋㅋㅋ
10. I don’t know if the Indonesians are gonna translate this comment but the director of ‘The Act of Killing’ released the Indonesian full version on YT. The Indonesian version is called ‘JAGAL’
11. 2%…? That makes us 1 millionㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
12. ~Theqoo town~ (t/n: comment in English)
13. TheQoo metropolitan ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
14. Who said TheQoo metropolitan?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
15. The one who started influencing international fandoms and created those tendencies is Allkpop. From translating articles to straight up fabricating them and introducing scandals in Korea intentionally and now they even translate Netizens’ comments.. They do this to paint Korea in a bad light and get us sworn at and they always compare us with Japan because they can use Japan to earn money. They’re not normal. Because of them, other foreign websites were made to bash Korea.
[theqoo] IT’S BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THEM THAT SNOWDROP IS NOT IT
2. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ please try to write more bullsh*t like this. It’s people like them that exposes just how f*cked up this drama really isㅇㅇ
3. Are they a spy?ㅋㅋㅋ This f*cked up drama is making all these f*ckers appear
4. What they are saying is so ridiculous that I can’t even be mad..
5. That’s why democracy is so good. This kind of f*cker can even share their own opinion in their little corner
6. An ilbe who’s good at English🤮
7. F*ck they are crazy, why are they doing that? I reported it
8. Look at them bullsh*tting with the “Hi I’m Korean”ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. Look at that level of IQ
10. I can now see the level of BLACKPINK fans
[enter-talk] I’M TURNED OFF BY ALL OF BLACKPINK
First of all, I’m putting Jisoo who received the script and acted in the drama personally aside. I’m so turned off by the other 3 who promoted the drama on their Insta too…. They know their influence so is this really the right thing to do?
Why are people shielding them at the bottom? The fact that they knew their influence and still shared it on their Insta story is enough to be turned off…?
2. [+200, -3]
But couldn’t YG or Jisoo expect that appearing in a drama that distorts history will end up getting such reactions? Rather than saying that they did nothing wrong, they must have wanted to be part of it themselves
3. [+175, -2]
I’m curious as to why YG would participate in this.. They are hiding their artists because of how lazy and unbothered they are but are supporting this kind of thing?ㅋ Were BLACKPINK’s lives threatened to be doing this? To be honest, I was annoyed seeing my bias’ support post.
4. [+70, -2]
BLACKPINK’s influence is way to big to say that this drama will just be viewed as a “drama”. What’s worse is that foreign fans are shielding the history distortion. Trying to distort history is not right
5. [+67, -2]
I f*cking hate this Seriously, this is the proof of their empty brains
[theqoo] BLACKPINK FANS SAYING THAT SNOWDROP IS FINE BECAUSE THE BLUE HOUSE “OFFICIALLY APPROVED” IT
The foreign fans are shielding this drama using the logic that “Blue House approved it” so the drama is fine. No but which drama even need an “official approval”? (T/N: saying that the fact that this drama needed an approval makes it abnormal)
These empty brained fans are just repeating the same thing while going around saying “our ** has done nothing wrong”