[naver] PATRIOTIC MARTYR PARK JONG-CHEOL’S REP “SNOWDROP” IS INFLICTING A SECOND ROUND OF ASSAULT TO THE VICTIMS DUE TO THE DISTORTION OF SPIES
(T/N: From Wiki – In the 1980s, as president of the student council in the linguistics department of Seoul National University, [Park Jong-Cheol] was one of activists in universities struggling against Chun Doo-hwan’s dictatorship and the aftermath of the 1980 Gwangju Massacre. Detained during an investigation into such activities, Park refused to confess the whereabouts of one of his fellow activists. During the interrogation, authorities used waterboarding techniques to torture him, eventually leading to his death on 14 January.)
T/N: the below is paraphrased
On the 20th, a representative of the Democratic Martyr Park Jong-cheol Memorial Foundation told CBS No-cut News on the 20th, “The three axes of state power, the NSA, the Headquarters of National Police, and the security officer, carried out the government’s violence against the people at the time. It was carried out systematically, and torture and violence were used as means of control by instilling fear in the daily life of the people.”
“Violence and torture trampled on a person’s dignity and created a sense of fear and humiliation. The scars cannot be recovered. I’m afraid that victims will recall even a fragment of the memory of their suffering, so I cannot tell you the details.”
The article also points out that linking the democratic movement or the NSA with spies could eventually rationalize and justify their acts of violence which will result in a second round of abuse for the victims. The democratic movement and NSA should never be linked to spies because many students and protestors were killed and tortured by being falsely labeled as North Korean spies. In the drama ‘Snowdrop’, the NSA is chasing after the real spy which is being hidden by the female student which justifies the acts of the NSA.
The representative also commented on the production team of Snowdrop and JTBC saying that they are romanticizing the horrible past and distorting history.
1. [+944, -20]
Thanks to whom can you make dramas as you wish and live freely while enjoying democracy? If you have a brain and any conscience, try something called thinking. Don’t let these people who call themselves “Korean” come forward and distort Korean history and disparage the democratization movement. The victims and people involved are still alive with their eyes freshly sharpened. What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?
2. [+528, -11]
This is seriously the endㅋㅋㅋ Snowdrop’s early cancellation, good work
3. [+361, -4]
Just how scary is the power of the media? They need to know some shame seeing how Korean contents are being the hot issue around the world and that Korean historical dramas are being viewed internationally. It wasn’t enough for them to inflict secondary damage to the victims? Should Moon Hae-In just shut his eyes down because he thinks of it as fiction? Seriously, there are so many crazy people blinded by money
4. [+341, -5]
They are belittling the democracy that was achieved by our ancestors who bled to death? They can’t be in their right minds. Scrap everything
5. [+185, -4]
Honestly, there’s no way someone who likes history would film this without knowing anything. There’s no way they don’t know about 1987
[theqoo] SMALL BUSINESS WHO SAW EXPLODING SALES AFTER CANCELLING THEIR SUPPORT FOR SNOWDROP+ RELEASED AN APOLOGY
Ssarijai Market: They have already edited everything until episode 12 so it will be hard for them to make any corrections, which worries us. Although we have strongly asked them (to remove their props)…
We are thankful for your actions. I participated in a democratization protest as a freshman in 1989, and for that, I’m embarrassed.
I too have signed the petition.
Picture: We apologize for our props support to JTBC’s Snowdrop
(t/n: we will not translate the whole apology for the sake of time. Condensed format only)
– They have received a call last December to become a sponsor from the show’s props team
– They have no experience, as a small business, sponsoring props, so they have decided to make the deal thinking it will help them advertise
– They only knew about the actors participating in the show, not the content of the show
– They acknowledge that SD has many parts distorting the pro-democratization movement, and they have called the show immediately to withdraw their support
– They said they’ve already completed editing everything until episode 12 so it would be hard to re-edit
– It’s possible that Ssarijai’s logo is found until ep. 12
– Apologize over participating in a drama that shows no consideration in distorting history
title: Due to the inflow of orders, delivery might be delayed.
– Thank you for finding our business
– There were a lot of people who put their order after December 19th 4PM with Ssarijai (t/n: their official apology was uploaded at 6PM on the 19th, but the Katalk chat between the netizen and Ssarijai mentioning them pulling out has already started spreading before the apology, around 4PM)
– They’re doing the best to fill the in the orders, but it’s possible that their supplies might be lacking
– It will be hard for them to ship everything until 9AM on Monday.
1. People are warm
2. Leave me some red bean porridgeㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. I just bought some pollack powderㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. My red bean porridgeㅠㅠㅠ
5. Pigs, leave me some
6. This is so cool
7. Please prosper
8. I just bought tea and rice cakes
9. Don’t underestimate us pigs ability🐷
10. the pigs did a good job🐷👍
[theqoo] TEAZEN’S COMMENT ON IG REGARDING THEIR INVOLVEMENT WITH SNOWDROP
OP: I heard you were a sponsor for SD? I’m disappointed
Teazen: Teazen has never sponsored the production of SD, we were just shown through a simple advertisement, but we have immediately requested them to stop. We apologize for unintentionally hurting you and making you uncomfortable.
They were revealed to be one of the advertisements before the show aired
1. I’m enjoying their productㅎㅎ
2. Their official statement
안녕하세요 기능성차 전문 브랜드 티젠 입니다.
최근 일어난 광고 협찬 문제로 인해 심려를 끼쳐 드려 진심으로 머리 숙여 사과 드립니다.
티젠은 해당 시간대의 광고를 중단하도록 조치하였으며 앞으로 더 좋은 모습 보여드릴 수 있도록 노력하겠습니다. pic.twitter.com/O60l9bpD69
— 티젠 (@Teazen_kr) December 19, 2021
– This is Teazen, specialty tea brand
– We bow our head down and apologize due to the concern of the advertisement sponsorship
– We have not directly participated in the production of the show, we only paid for simple advertisement
– We have cancelled our sponsorship
– We have no involvement in anything related to the drama’s prouction
3. I’m heading towards Teazen for their kombucha
4. I’m enjoying their product so much~~ I’m happy to be able to continue enjoying them
5. Their berry flavored kombucha is f*cking delicious. I just bought 6 boxes
6. I only buy Teazenㅠㅠㅠ This is a reliefㅠㅠㅠ
7. I was scared I wouldn’t be able to enjoy Teazen’s tea anymore
8. Teazen’s roasting tea is f*cking nice. I was worried, but this is a relief
10. Ah f*ck I almost had to stop drinking kombucha..
[theqoo] SNOWDROP SPONSOR 🔥BLANCHOT 🔥 CLAIMS THEY NEVER SPONSORED THEM
“Hello, we have never participated in sponsoring SD drama.
Truly, they have never even sent us any document for request to sponsor the drama either.
They have written our brand by mistake because we’re a clothing company.
Regarding this mistake, we have requested through our lawyer to ask the show to correct it. We hope that this false information will not lead to more misunderstanding”
1. SD sure are hilariousㅋㅋ
2. This is dumbfounding..
3. They’re even distorting their sponsorsㅋㅋㅋㅋAmazing
4. Huh is this even possible?
5. What the? Are they taking the ‘my money, my purchase’ thing too far and applying it even in their sponsors?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is crazy (t/n: 내돈내산 = new movement in Korea, specifically applied to hauls on SNS, where people show what they actually spend with their own money rather than what the sponsors made them post)
6. They even distort their sponsors…
7. No but this is my first time seeing something like thatㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. Distortion of sponsorsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Freaking funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. Hul they never sponsored SD?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ This drama is a mess
10. ???? They even go as far as distorting their sponsorsㅋㅋㅋ
[theqoo] 🔥🔥 SNOWDROP’S SPONSOR GANISONG JUST POSTED AN APOLOGY (OVER HISTORY DISTORTION CLAIMS)
– We want to express our position regarding SD’s issue
– First of all, we apologize for everyone who got hurt from the history distortion
– We have signed our sponsorship deal before the script or synopsis were revealed
– The clothing team approached us mentioning about BP Jisoo playing a popular university student from the 1980s. They also said that the director’s work included Sky Castle.
– Ganisong has 0 experience sponsoring celebrities, so we viewed this opportunity positively
– After watching SD, we have asked JTBC to remove all of our parts related to them. They said they are in the middle of removing them.
– They said they can’t remove every scene where our clothes appeared, but they will do their best removing them
– We have responded to the sponsorship request without thorough research on the background of the drama
– We will work hard to proceed with sponsorships carefully in the future
(Ganisong posted the picture of the text they received from JTBC)
– Hello this is JTBC SD clothing team!
– SD has Jisoo and Jung Hae In as leads and the director produced Sky Castle
– We’re sending you a sponsor request for Jisoo’s outfit
– Jisoo il playing a bright university student in 1987, who is very popular among her friends
– We are sending you Jisoo’s size too
1. Ganisong👏👏👏 I will remember you
2. So cool
3. Thank you so much
4. It’s so nice that they released their own statementㅠㅠ
5. Ganisong, I’ll be purchasing from you
6. Ganisong hit daebak
7. I love the way they dealt with this
8. This was clean and cool
9. I will be supporting on IG
10. Wow Ganisong made me emotional. This is such a cool way to deal with the situation
[theqoo] DISNEY+ KOREA INQUIRY ANSWER
디플코리아에도 문의 넣었는데 이미 항의 쇄도로 강력하게 보고서 올린 상태라고 합니다. 그런데 상담원 분의 대답에서 한국인의 분노가 느껴졌던ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 아무튼 디플코리아는 충분히 상황을 인지한것 같으니 본사 쪽을 좀더 공략하는게 좋을듯 합니다. pic.twitter.com/VzHfQiFXGD
— 매실 (@seegcholover) December 19, 2021
“I sent an inquiry to Disney+ Korea too and they said that seeing the strong inflow of complaints, they are dealing with it now. However, I kinda felt the frustration of the customer service guy in his answersㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, it seems that Disney+ Korea is fully aware of the situation, so it would be better to attack the headquarters instead.”
– Right now, there are a lot of people just like customer-nim who have sent similar inquiries. We have already seen them and are dealing with them now.
– I have submitted a strong request to deal with this issue as fast as possible.
– This part (scene) is also our history, there were parts that made me angry too, this is our country’s history.
Looking at the way he speaks, it seems like the same Disney + person from last time
(t/n: this issue is unrelated to SD, the Disney+ agent’s manner of speech was so funny that he became a buzz in Korea)
– If there’s anything else I can help-
– Thank you
– Thank you for using Disney
– Please have a magical day
1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He has to be a gyopo, he looked pissed offㅋㅋㅋㅋ He’s doing a good job
2. Even if he’s a gyopo, he’s just as frustrated about the distortion of history as we are, what a reliable guy. It’s nice to seeㅋㅋㅋ Fighting fighting
3. Magical day…F*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I burst out laughing at that part
4. Magical day f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. This person is so funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋanyways, I’m looking forward to the strong actions he’s takengㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. Magical dayㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. Is he really Korean…?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. It’s nice to know they’re aware of it
9. He sounds a bit dumb, but you can tell he’s kindㅠㅠㅠ fighting!!!
10. No but do they only have 1 customer agent? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
[theqoo] FOREIGN FANS WHO THOUGHT THAT SNOWDROP’S EP.2 WAS RANKING #1 IN VIEWERSHIP
They were even relaying the real time ratings when it was broadcasting
But the ratings that they were looking at were from the audience on Olleh TV app….
Can someone tell them that these were just the ratings in that app
and that it’s not the real viewership….?ㅋㅋㅋ………
Every time, they start tweeting about reactions manipulation in Korea..ㅋㅋ
They are using the lyrics to say that Koreans are two-faced
They are even proudly bragging about the show being #1 on an illegal Chinese app…
They are not even paying but are watching it illegallyㅋ
1. Dumb i-roaches
2. BP’s i-roach fans are not only disgusting but dumb.. there’s a reason why they are using her even when she’s acting like a foot
3. Looking at the YT comments, they are saying that haters are just jealous, f*ck. Looks like they only have poop for brains
4. All of the Blackpink i-roaches are fools without exception
5. Jisoo who’s dumbly shooting Snowdrop. Like fans like artistㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. Their IQ… I don’t even wanna talk to them, ugh
7. Like singer❤️ like fans
8. Tsk, pathetic
9. Plz study hangul🙏 (T/N: in English)
10. I-roaches are just so dumb ㅠㅠ
[theqoo] ‘SNOWDROP’ FIRST EPISODE RECORDS A VIEWERS’ RATING OF 2.9%
The viewers’ ratings for the first episode of ‘Snowdrop’ were released late.
According to data released by Nielsen Korea, a ratings research company, on the morning of the 20th, JTBC’s new Saturday drama ‘Snowdrop’, which was first broadcast on the 18th, recorded 2.985% in viewership nationwide.
On the other hand, Nielsen Korea did not disclose the ratings data on the 18th and 19th due to the recent server relocation work.
original post: here
1. Even so, they told us to judge after watching so I watched ep. 1 but I have no will to watch the rest
2. How can 2.9% be considered high? Maybe I’m just a noob. Ah, of course it’s high if you compare it to other trash dramas
3. It’s just a fact that this kind of viewership for a first ep. is a fail. What a shame though, they could’ve failed more
4. It’s pretty high… for a trash like this
5. Yup, it failed
6. You think that such viewership is high? Isn’t this considered low?;;;; But of course, it needs to be lowered even more
7. It f*cking failed
8. Even if it was 10%, we should still scrap it all
9. Stop overrating this~ I just took JTBC’s viewers’ rating and they failed hard. Even if you added Snowdrop here, it failed. Just why are people insisting that it’s high?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(T/N: From left to right (Best score – average score)
Law School (Wed/Thur) 6.89% – 5.3%
Sisyphus (Wed/Thur) 6.67% – 4.96%
Beyond Evil (Fri/Sat) 5.99% – 4.71%
Undercover (Fri/Sat) 5.22% – 3.80%
Lost (Sat/Sun) 4.19% – 2.14%
Run On (Wed/Thur) 3.77% – 2.99%
Reflection of You (Wed/Thur) 3.63% – 2,63%
Hush (Fri/Sat) 3.38% – 2.49%
Monthly Magazine Home (Wed/Thur) 3.17% – 2.33%
Inspector Koo (Sat/Sun) 2.74% – 2.14%
Lipstick (Mon/Tue) 2.42% – 1.84%
Nevertheless (Sat) 2.20% – 1.47%
Idol (Mon/Tue) 0.75% – 0.59%)
10. ㅋㅋ The viewership failed so let’s just go with the cancellation. Of course, even 2.9% is too generous for this drama
11. Please hit 0% next
12. If the pilot episode scores this low ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ there’s no way to watch it in real time except from your TV so they can’t even score higher than that?…ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
13. Utter failure
14. Even 1% would’ve been too much. I hope it scores 0% and becomes an utter failure
15. A lot of people watched it just to confirm the plot content too