The Presidential Transition Committee will meet with entertainment agencies such as SM, JYP, and Hybe, as well as officials from the Indie Music Association to discuss ways to support the pop music field.
In a phone call with YTN, a representative of the transition committee said that they will meet with the CEO of Hybe, the agency of the group BTS, and the CEOs of SM, JYP, and MNH Entertainment one after another in Samcheong-dong, Seoul tomorrow (4th) at 3 pm.
At this meeting, the transition committee will listen to the difficulties of the industry about the support system for pop music and will discuss legal and institutional improvement measures for K-pop’s overseas expansion.
However, yesterday (2nd), when Chairman Ahn Cheol-soo visited Hybe, the agency of the group BTS, and asked whether the topic of military exemption was raised, he drew a line that there was no mention of such content.
He explained that this meeting is a place to have more practical discussions across the cultural industry and to discuss government support to elevate Korea as a cultural powerhouse.
Earlier, Chairman Ahn Cheol-soo visited Hybe, the agency of the group BTS yesterday, listened to the difficulties of the culture and art world, and discussed strategies for the development of the Korean Wave.
original post: here
1. [+766, -13]
Why is the transition committee going this far to interfere? Do they have nothing else to do? They’re coming out with those nonsense articles everyday
2. [+450, -9]
Why are they doing this? Just leave them alone. They’re disgustingly jobless. Can’t teh transition committee not hide their own sh*t at least? They’re d=not tackling the things that they should be doing and touching everything they shouldn’t be touching. Is Ahn Cheolsoo playing the president here? They don’t even ahve the authorities to touch these things. He even criticized the quarantine measures of Korea which was praised all over the worldㅋㅋ Ahn Cheolsoo is the type of person who pretends they’re an expert in quarantine just because he lived it but isn’t even a graduate in medicine, I didn’t know he could be this dumb
3. [+437, -5]
The right answer is to not interfere with arts and entertainment, but those fools are going around terrorizing everyone the moment they come in power? Do they think that BTS got #1 on Billboard with the help of politicians? Why are these people already lining up to scare other people off? If entertainment companies are going to play like that, they simply take fans as jokes. They need to wake up
4. [+268, -8]
This shows how amateur our politicians are. They don’t even know how to distinguish what to do and not to do. They’re already putting on a show
5. [+185, -1]
You shouldn’t have to interfere with arts and entertainment. They should know this so they shouldn’t sh*t everywhere on KPOP. Instead go visit the sites of forest fires and visit the small business owners to help them. If not, those Japanese kids will start accusing of KPOP being a state-run business. The transition committee sure is nice to add fuel to the rumor~
[theqoo][EXCLUSIVE] TRANSITION COMMITTEE, TO HOLD A MEETING WITH SM, JYP AND HYBE… TO DISCUSS IMPROVEMENTS IN GOING GLOBAL WITH KPOP
original post: here
1. So frustrating
2. F*cking Japanese will get their proof that KPOP is a state-run projects. This is how you start
3. State-run business f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sigh these fools are so dumb
4. If they want to grow overseas, let it be their choice, why should there be any measures in place…?
5. Ah f*ck can they stop giving them interest? Just how jobless do they have to be to bullsh*t around like that. Seriously they’re gathering a bunch of power trip people to scare them off and free-ride on KPOP?
6. They’re already doing just fine with their overseas expansions, why would they need additional improvements? Are you going to give them tax cuts? Are they going to be exempt from immigration rules? F*ck ㅡㅡ
7. Even without the meeting, they know how to expand overseas themselves, is the transition committee this bored??
8. They’re turning rumors into reality (t/n: that KPOP = state-run project)
9. F*ck don’t go and don’t even think of free-riding on KPOP. Just do what you need to do
10. Why don’t they pay visit to the forest fire sites instead?