There are people who live an extra 60 days each year. These are the ‘short sleepers’ who say that only 4 hours of sleep a day is enough.
Because they are born with a short sleep period, they do not have any problems with their daily life even if they get little sleep.
Six years ago, a woman came to Professor Fu’s lab(?).
She always went to bed at 12 at night and woke up at 4 in the morning, but all day she felt clear and refreshed. Some of her family members also had the same symptoms. Prof. Fu analyzed the genes of this woman and her family, and found a mutation in the DEC2 gene in the short sleeper.
“For me, sleeping 4 hours is sleeping a lot”
“The representative short sleeper MB”
“How did you discover this talent?”
“Did you guys sleep together?”
It’s a bit TMI, but Korea’s most famous short sleeper is Lee Myungbak…
original post: here
1. I want to search whether I have that gene as well, I usually sleep under 5 hours but I’m not even sleepy f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. If I sleep under 7 hours, I doze off during the day but if I sleep 7 hours, I end up sleeping in on weekends
3. I must sleep 7 hours per day
4. I sleep 6 hours sharp and it’s nice. If I sleep at 10pm, I wake up at 4am
5. I’m more envious of the fact that they get to live such long days. Even if I don’t sleep, I’d like to just browse my phone
6. Wow I’m so jealousㅋㅋㅋ The moment I sleep less, my health is ruined
7. I’m already adjusted to sleeping 5 hours per day but I’m still so tired. It must be such a blessing to sleep only that amount of time and still feel refreshedㅠㅠㅠㅠ
8. I sleep 9 hours a day…
9. I’m so envious…
10. I need to sleep at least 7 hours…