‘Anna’ starring Suzy is becoming controversial in China. The tag #BaeSuzy’s new drama Anna Controversy# has risen to the top of the Weibo search rankings. (Photo=Weibo Capture)
What caused the rage from Chinese netizens was the scene in “Anna” where Suzy sells a blanket and a watch she received as gifts from Jung Eun-chae.
In the drama, the shop assistant told Suzy that “This watch is made in China” and could not be sold since it’s a fake. Chinese netizens exploded with anger, saying “Korea copies our country but they are trying to put them on top”, “Here comes Korean dramas’ false marketing again”, etc.
In response to this, on Weibo in China, the tag #BaeSuzy’s new drama Anna Controversy # was ranked at the top of the search term rankings, causing a heated debate.
original post: here
1. Depicting reality
2. They are just depicting reality. Why are they acting up?
3. But it’s true that fakes are Made In China
4. They are acting up for something that’s illegal
5. So can they even watch ‘Anna’ over there? Or are they watching it illegally?… it’s true that fakes are from China thoughㅎ
6. It’s just reality so what’s the issue here?
7. But they are the only ones creating a fueling the controversy. I wish that there wouldn’t be any Korean articles about it. Who cares about that controversy?
8. They are f*cking good at depicting reality though?
9. I bet that ‘Anna’ will hit daebak since China is in so much rage about it
10. Are they feeling embarrassed?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ