Recently, as an OTT, dramas dealing with BL gained a lot of attention. Watcha’s ‘Semantic Error’, which starred actor Park Seoham and group DKZ’s Jaechan, remained at the top of Watcha’s Top 10 for nearly three months after its release, and was recently made into a theatrical version due to popularity, and is scheduled to be released on CGV in August.
In line with this, Wavve is planning to release ‘Merry Queer’ and ‘Others Dating’ in July. They are not dramas, but entertainment programs, and they plan to show the realistic romance of sexual minorities.
Wavve side said, “OTT is attracting attention as an alternative platform that actively reflects the increasingly diverse tastes of users. Therefore, it is possible to try new challenges such as ‘Mary Queer’ and ‘Others Dating’ in the form of love reality shows.” They continued, “The two entertainment shows will show the romance and reality of LGBTQ people as they are, and they will drive various discourses. We hope that these issues will develop into a forum for healthy dialogue where all members of our society can ponder about.”
Unlike movies and TV shows, both programs will deal with more realistic homosexuality. Will everyone be able to smoothly follow the BL hits? Wavve’s ‘Merry Queer’ is Korea’s first coming-out romance, depicting the challenges of couples toward a confident love and marriage. It will be released on July 8th. ‘Others Dating’ contains the reality of dating men who confirm each other’s sincerity. It will be released in mid-July.
1. I know that fantasy and reality are differentㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But it’ll be fun with Hong Seokcheon and Shin Dongyeobㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. I only watch BL, I don’t wanna watch LGBTQ;;;;;;;Don’t get ahead of yourselves
3. I’m not homophobic but BL is just another genre among many genres. It’s to create a fantasy for a specific group who enjoys consuming it~ I think it’s important to make the distinction between this and LGBTQ. I thinks we should distinguish them so we remain respectful to LGBTQㅠ
4. BL and Queer are 2 different things, the journalist is getting it wrong
5. BL is fantasy…. I don’t really care about variety shows like these but please don’t lump them together…ㅠ
6. Reality shows are for queersㅋㅋ BL is just a fantasy for women ㅠ
7. You may like hetero dramas and still not like shows like Heart Signal and I’m Solo, just like how you can like BL and not like programs like that. What homophobia? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ If I like men in dramas, but I don’t care about men in real life, does it make me a misandrist?
8. But BL is just fantasyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. Leave 2D to 2D…..
10. No but can you call a gay couple a BL couple…? We’re not being sensitive for wanting to distinguish between days and BLs, and it doesn’t mean that we hate gays…
11. I’m f*cking not curious about those shows…
12. What the? BLs are fantasies at the end of the day…
13. BL are fantasy please. They’re in a completely different world than real life gays. I can respect them but I honestly don’t care about them
14. But there’s nothing realistic about BLs, these are queers. BLs are just fantasy..
15. We only watch BLs because there’s a handsome man + another handsome man. How is this realistic?