Those are the already registered trademark with BTOB, BIIB, BORN TO BEAT, 비투비. This feels like they’re not respecting business ethics
This was pointed out in the comments, but all the other teams are promoting using the full length names of their team… And the dance team was originally using B2B and BTB, but right now, they don’t even use “Bank Two Brothers (BIIB)” rather simply “BIIB (비투비)” which is dumbfoundingㅋㅋ
1. They seriously crossed the line
2. But if their name is Bank Two Brothers, they should use “Bang-keu-too” rather than 비투비 no?
3. But using Bank Two Brothers is such a cool and more novel type of name
4. It’s kinda oba, like must they? They could’ve used Bank-Tob or Bitibi
5. The logo aside, why did they have to shorten the hangul version to 비투비?
6. You can tell that this is Mnet’s doing straight away
7. All things aside, the Born To Hip is giving it away..
8. Mnet are f*cking thugsㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. Mbitious’ logo is also similar to Mblaq’s logoㅋㅋㅋ
10. It’s way too similar, but the slogan is seriously… The logo aside, if you’re going to write 비투비, you’ll only find the idols anyways
[enter-talk] SMF IS FREAKING PISSING ME OFFㅋㅋㅋ
They have a group called Bank Two Brothers and they felt like it was necessary to use the same name as idols who are currently promoting
(비투비’s first related search is SMF)
I was going to search about the idols BTOB but I saw SMF appear and was livid. Anyone would think that BTOB are appearing on SMF
Nobody would’ve cared if they called themselves Bank something and the participants call themselves BtoB. The fans wouldn’t do anything. But sending this on the Mnet show is just so obvious. The fact that they’re using BTOB is pissing me off
1. [+32, -0]
Of course the meaning might be different, but the pronunciation is the same.. Even if I try to understand it, it’s juts weird for a fan to be ok with this situation
2. [+23, -0]
Even the team slogan is “Born to Hip” ㅋㅋ F*ck they crossed the line by miles
3. [+21, -0]
Right now, the Melodies are all in a mess because of thatㅠ They are all sending emails to Cubeㅠㅠ
4. [+13, -0]
I’m another group’s fan and this was seriously severe. The idols are the ones being f*cking bashed on while their names are getting stolen.. Seriously I would sue them if I were a fan
5. [+11, -0]
Amid all this, even the sloganㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m freaking pissed
[instiz] “NAME AND LOGO OVERLAPPING”… ‘SMF’ BIIB CREW, CONTROVERSY OVER USING A BOY GROUP’S NAME
original post: here
1. Cube should start working and sue Mnet. You don’t need to send your idols on Mnet anymore
2. The English abbreviation is fine since they’re going for B2B but the hangul version is 비투비 and even the slogan is similarㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They should know that it wasn’t an easy task to let the world know about the name 비투비…
3. No matter how much you think about it, it’s just upsetting. They have been using the same name for 11 years and worked so hard to get their name 비투비 out there. The group’s name, logo and slogan are all overlapping. This just makes me feel bad
4. Aside the fact that they call themselves 비투비 in abbreviation, why don’t they just call themselves Bank Two Brothers as a full name? It’s way cooler and it suits them better, why randomly use 비투비…
5. I really hope BTOB stops appearing on Mnet. Seriously I want to smack them
6. No matter how you look at it, it’s just nonsense..
6. The fact that Mnet tried to be sly about it and change slightly the English version is so funny… What are they trying to pull?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. Are they getting rid of their actual name? Why aren’t they using it?
8. Mnet is pulling an Mnet
9. They crossed the line
10. Why are they doing things like that? I seriously can’t understand