Original title: An entertainment agency official said, “Recently, male idol members are flooded with offers of BL dramas casting. There are so many scripts and planning going around.”
[YTN] Both dramas and entertainment shows, this is the ‘Boys’ Generation’… BL genre in its prime time
BL content seems to be gradually moving towards the center of the stage. Recently, there has been a strong push in the industry for the production of BL dramas. BL dramas based on popular [webtoon/manhwa/novel] based such as ‘Oh! My Assistant’ and ‘Happy Merry Ending’ are waiting for release. There are also a lot of original BL dramas that are in the planning phase with their synopsis and script.
An entertainment agency official said, “Recently, male idol members are flooded with offers of BL dramas casting. There are so many scripts and planning going around.” He explained, “At first, agency executives reacted in a very conservative manner, but recently, watching the success of BL dramas, prejudice against BL is gradually disappearing.”
original post: here
1. Just how much of a flop do you have to be to start accepting BL scriptsㅋㅋㅋ
2. Ahㅠㅠ Even ‘Oh! My Assistant’ is receiving a drama adaptationㅠㅠ I feel like all BL romcoms will start getting adaptedㅠ..ㅠ I’ll just avoid all of those… I hope the writers can make a lot of money though ㅠ.ㅠ
3. Can they just stick to original works for BL dramas? They keep adapting works that I’ve already read and I won’t be able to bring myself to watch them
4. I’m so relieved that my bias is doing well enough that he doesn’t need to resort to things like that. Flop-dols-ah, find strength
5. Nowadays, I feel like people saw how big Semantic Error blew and think that they can all achieve it.
It’s nice to see that Semantic Error hit big so we’re broadening the genres in the industry with BL, but I don’t like the fact that idols view this as a last resort for hitting big. It has the image of being the last choice a flop-dol can make to gain recognition… I feel like it can’t be helped, but it’ll probably get resolved by itself gradually
6. Yeah, that’s only for flop-dols, those kids who think that their bias can hit big after shooting a BL drama, I hope you get hit by the biggest boomerang♥ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. I like reading BL but I hate this so much… It’s not because they like the works, ather, they just see it as plain money and as a way to go viral… People who are planning these probably think the audience is disgusting
8. I don’t want that, I hope my bias doesn’t do it
9. I welcome originalsㅋㅋㅋ But I’m not sure about live adaptationㅋㅋㅋ I feel like everyone hates live action adaptations.. As someone who has been fangirling a long time on BLs, this is tough for me
10. I don’t really care, but I just hope they stop picking existing works… It makes searching for them and fangirling on the original work so hard