(pic not included)
I watched a Q&A video about Koreans living overseas
And they said that K-pop was considered a “nerd culture”, is it true?…
To the readers living in the U.S., please tell me..
original post: here
1. No matter what anyone says, it’s pretty close to a nerd culture
3. Yeah, it’s kinda treated like people who like anime in our country
4. But isn’t it famous? Isn’t Bangtan just viewed as a pop singer?
5. It’s kinda like the people in our country who like Japanese anime… They don’t view Bangtan as K-pop
6. I know that Bangtan kinda removed themselves from the “k-pop” category, so they give another vibe. In the West, k-pop = same culture with people liking Japanese anime. Even if there are a lot of YouTube comments about it, k-pop fans around the world > Korean k-pop fans so it’s not that weird to read foreign comments about k-pop either…But I think that BP also kinda got rid of the “k-pop” tag
7. Yup, it’s kind of like an otaku vibe?
8. Yup, but Bangtan are a bit different
9. The “fangirl” culture in our country isn’t really a major culture so I feel like it’s even worse overseas
10. Aside from the groups that consistently rank on Billboard, it’s true…