Yet another apartment’s notice board is called Information
They just write ‘P’ for parking now, looks like this is the big trendㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Family garden (t/n: the Hangul part is just hangulized ‘Garden Farm’)
This has become so familiar in busses for a long time already…
Transfer stop area
Jeju 4.3Pyeonghwa Park (t/n: Pyeonghwa means peace)
All the local government operated businesses are in English
But all of those are touristic attractions so they’re using English
The responses have been both good and sad..
+ A lot of comments are mentioning makeup too so I’m posting a few
This is a peel off pack for your face, but the shape and the name of the product is a strawberry jam
1. ㅋㅋ For who are they using this English?
2. Seriously grandmas have no idea what takeout is… Please just write pojang instead (t/n: pojang = takeout)
3. This is seriously severely annoying, they’re using nonsense English on top of itㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. The way they’re translating those cosmetic goods in English makes it look even more low qualityㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. I don’t really see the problem writing P for parking… But the rest are indeed annoying
6. Our grandmother went to the public bath where they wrote body lotion and body wash, she didn’t know which one was which so she came out washing herself with body lotion and had to go in again to wash herselfㅠㅠ…Can they please write the names in Hangul in big please
7. To say it’s annoying is an understatement, even foreigners have no idea what this English is supposed to mean so for who are they doing this for exactly?
8. We need to start regulating this. This is the country of Korea, we need to stop making English the standard language here
9. I went to a hotel not long ago and all the signs were in English… There was seriously not a single Korean word in the elevator…
10. Our apartment is a senior citizens residency and it’s called Senior Houseㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s so annoyingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ